The Chinese Culture University, Taiwan R.O.C
Full name: Kuan Hung Lin
Office : 55 Hwa-Kang Road, Yangminshan, Graduate Institute of Biotechnology, Chinese
Culture University, Taipei 111, Taiwan
Tel : +886 2 28610511 ext. 31823
• 2010 ~ present : Professor at Graduate Institute of Biotechnology, Chinese Culture University, Taipei 111, Taiwan.
• 2006 ~ 2010 : Associate Professor at Graduate Institute of Biotechnology, Chinese Culture University, Taipei 111, Taiwan.
• 1999 ~ 2006 : Assistant Professor at Horticulture Department, Chinese Culture University, Taipei 111, Taiwan.
• 1998 ~ 1999: Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Institute of BioAgricultural Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei 114, Taiwan.
• 1996 ~ 1998: Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Plant and Soil Science Department, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078, U.S.A.
• 1995 ~ 1996 : Postdoctoral Research Associate at Soil and Crop Sciences Department, Texas A&M University.
• Molecular breeding - marker assisted selection and QTL mapping
• Plant sciences - plant stress physiology
• Genetic engineering – transgenic technology
• International Society for Horticultural Science (ISHS)
• Taiwan Society for Horticultural Science (TSHS)
Selected Publications And Presentation
• K. H. Lin, C. M. Chiang, Y.C. Lai, S. H. You, and H.F. Lo*. 2011. Identification of chilling- inducible genes in sweet potato by suppression subtractive hybridization. Research Journal of BioTechnology 6 (2): 37 - 43. (SCI)
• Meng-Yuan Huang, Kuan-Hung Lin, Man-Miao Yang, Hsueh-Mei Chou, Chi-Ming Yang, Yung-Ta Chang*. 2011. Chlorophyll fluorescence, spectral properties, and pigment composition of galls of leaves of Machilus thunbergii. International Journal of Plant Sciences 172(3): 323-329. (SCI)
• Kuan-Hung Lin*, Ho-Chang Huang and Ching-Yun Lin. 2010. Cloning, expression and physiological analysis of broccoli catalase gene and Chinese cabbage ascorbate peroxidase gene under heat stress. Plant Cell Reports 29: 575-593. (SCI)
• Lin, K.H., W.L. Yeh, H.M. Chen, H.F. Lo*. 2010. Quantitative trait loci influencing fruit-related characteristics of tomato grown in high-temperature conditions. Euphytica 174: 119-135. (SCI)
• Kuan-Hung Lin, Chun-Heng Lin, Ming-Tsir Chan, and Hsiao-Feng Lo*. 2010. Identification of Flooding-Response Genes in Eggplant Roots by Suppression Subtractive Hybridization. Plant Molecular Biology Reporter 28: 212-221. (SCI)
• K.H. Lin*, S.F. Pu. 2010. Tissue and genotype specific ascorbate peroxidase expression in sweetpotato in response to salt stress. Biologia Plantarum 54: 664-670. (SCI)
• Kuan-Hung Lin, Ho-Chung Hwang, and Hsiao-Feng Lo#. 2010. Effects of heat stress on the antioxidant enzymes in broccoli (Brassica oleracea). International Horticulture Conference 28th (Lisbon, Portugal) (# Oral Presentation)
• Kuang-Yi Chang, Hsiao-Feng Lo, Yung-Chang Lai, Po-Jen Yao, Kuan-Hung Lin*, and Shih-Ying Hwang*. 2009. Identification of quantitative trait loci associated with yield-related traits in the sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas). Botanical Studies 50: 43-55. (SCI)
• Lin, K.H., Y.C. Lai, H.C. Li, S.F. Lo, L.F.O. Chen, and H. F. Lo*. 2009. Genetic variation and its relationship to root weight in the sweetpotato as revealed by RAPD analysis. Scientia Horticulturae 120: 2-7. (SCI)
• T-H Hsu, K-H Lin and J-C Gwo*. 2008. Genetic integrity of black sea bream (A. schlegeli) sperm following cryopreservation. J. Appl. Ichthyol. 24 : 456 - 459. (SCI)
• K-H Lin, H-Y Fu, C-H Chan, H-F Lo, M-C Shih, Y-M Chang, and L-F O Chen*. 2008. Generation and analysis of transgenic potatoes expressing heterologous thermostable β-amylase. Plant Science 174: 649-657. (SCI)
• Kuan-Hung LIN, Chao-Chia TSOU, Shih-Ying HWANG, Long-Fang O. CHEN, and Hsiao-Feng LO*. 2008. Paclobutrazol leads to enhanced antioxidative protection of sweet potato under flooding stress. Botanical Studies 49: 9-18. (SCI)
• K.H. Lin, Y.K. Chiou, S.Y. Hwang, L.F.O. Chen, and H.F. Lo*. 2008. Calcium Chloride Enhances the Antioxidative System of Sweetpotato (Ipomoea batatas (L.) Lam) under Flooding Stress. Annals of Applied Biology 152: 157-168. (SCI)
• Jin-Chywan GWO*, Te-Hua HSU, Kuan-Hung LIN, and Yii-Cheng CHOU.2008. Genetic relationship among four subspecies of cherry salmon (Oncorhynchus masou) inferred using AFLP. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 48: 776-781. (SCI)
• Kuan-Hung Lin*, Hsiao-Feng Lo, Chun-Hung Lin, and Ming-Tsir Chan. 2007. Cloning and expression analysis of ascorbate peroxidase gene from eggplant under flooding stress. Botanical Studies 48: 25-34. (SCI)
• Lin, K-H., Yeh, S-Y., Lin, M-Y., Shih, M-C., Yang, K-T., Hwang, S-Y*. 2007. Major chemotypes and antioxidative activity of the leaf essential oils of Cinnamomum osmophloeum Kaneh. from a clonal orchard. Food Chemistry 105:133~139. (SCI)
• Lin, Kuan-Hung, Yung-Chung Lai, Kuan-Yee Chang, Yen-Fu Chen, Shih-Ying Hwang*, and Hsiao-Feng Lo*. 2007. Improving breeding efficiency for quality and yield of sweetpotato. Botanical Studies 48:283-292. (SCI)
• K.H. Lin, W.C. Hwang, and H.F. Lo*. 2007. Chilling stress and chilling tolerance of sweet potato as sensed by chlorophyll fluorescence. Photosynthetica 45: 628-632. (SCI)
• Lin, K.H.*, H.F. Lo, W.L.Yeh, J.T. Chen. 2007. Identification of Quantitative Trait Loci Associated with Yield of Tomato under Heat Stress. Acta Horticulturae 760 : 269-276.
• Kuan-Hung Lin*, Hsiao-Feng Lo, Shao-Pei Lee , C. George Kuo, Jen-Tzu Chen, Wei-Lun Yeh. 2006. RAPD Markers for the Identification of Yield Traits in Tomatoes under Heat Stress via Bulked Segregant Analysis. Hereditas 143: 142-154. (SCI)
• Lin, Kuan-Hung R., Chao-Chia Tsou, Shih-Ying Hwang, Long-Fang O. Chen, and Hsiao-Feng Lo*. 2006. Paclobutrazol pre-treatment enhanced flooding tolerance of sweet potato. Journal of Plant Physiology 163:750-760. (SCI)
• K-H Lin, F-H Pai, S-Y Hwang, H-F Lo*. 2006. Pre-treating paclobutrazol enhanced chilling tolerance of sweetpotato. Plant Growth Regulation 49: 249-262. (SCI)
• Lin, Kuan-Hung, Pi-Yu Chao, Chi-Ming Yang, Wen-Ching Cheng, Hsiao-Feng Lo* and Tsan-Ru Chang. 2006. The effects of flooding and drought stresses on the antioxidant constituents in sweet potato Leaves. Botanical Studies 47: 417-426. (SCI)
• Tzy-Li, Chen, Saniaya, Venkatesh Prasad, Ching-Hua Lee, Kuang-Hung Lin, Lih-Ching Chiueh and Ming-Tsair Chan*. 2006. Validation of cDNA microarray as a prototype for throughput detection of GMOs. Botanical Studies 47: 1-11. (SCI)
• Kuan-Hung Lin#, Hsiao-Feng Lo, Shao-Pei Lee, and Wei-Lun Yeh. 2006. Analysis of molecular markers associated with yield-related traits of tomato under heat stress. International Horticulture Conference 27th (Seuol, Korea) (# Oral Presentation)
• Chan, Yuan-Li, Kuang-Hung Lin, Li-Jen Liao, Wen-Huei Chen and Ming-Tsair Chan*. 2005. Gene stacking in Phalaenopsis orchid enhances dual tolerance to pathogen attack. Transgenic Research14: 279-288 (SCI)
• Lin, Kuan-Hung, Yin-Kai Chiou, Hsiao-Feng Lo* and Tsan-Ru Chang. 2005. Antioxidative system level of the sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas (L.) Lam) is related to its calcium treatment under drought stress. Hwa Kang Journal of Agriculture 16: 85-108. (in English with Chinese abstract)
• Lin, Kuan-Hung R., Chia-Cheng Weng, Hsiao-Feng Lo*, and Jen-Tzu Chen. 2004. Study of the root antioxidative system of tomatoes and eggplants under waterlogged conditions. Plant Science 167: 355-365. (SCI)
• Chen, Tzy-Li, Venkatesh Prasad, Ching-Hua Lee, Kuang-Hung Lin, Lih-Ching Chiueh and Ming-Tsair Chan*. 2004. Extending the cDNA microarray detection system to evaluate genetically modifications in GM soybean and in soy traditional foods. J. of Food and Drug Analysis 12: 259-265. (SCI)